On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 12:25:29 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 May 2017 at 11:52:35 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
I've tagged the ref-returning functions (in this case `opSlice`) with `return scope` for my statically allocated array struct at

Here's a simpler example

https://github.com/nordlow/phobos-next/blob/cf85f449d24981fbe6269f8096db23282e2fbb65/tests/test_scope.d

Looks like a bug, if you change "auto" to "int[]" it starts complaining in f(). I have a question though, why is the syntax like this:

auto opSlice() return scope;

?

I don't see such in the DIP, proposed there is simply "scope" to the left of the declaration, i.e.

scope auto opSlice();

Although with that syntax dmd complains about escaping 'this', as if it was scope { auto opSlice(); }.

Is 'return scope' the syntax that is supposed to be used and it's just not reflected in the DIP, or?..