On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 at 05:09:12 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
On Monday, 15 May 2017 at 22:38:15 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Personally, I think that it would be very much worth making hello world larger, since hello world really doesn't matter, but because there are plenty of folks checking out D who write hello world and then look at the executable size, it was considered unacceptable for it to get much larger.

I'm reminded of doing the same thing with C++ using streams and saw the size explode from 60k or so to something like 400k, for seemingly no good reason at all.

Hmmm while we're on the subject of size, is there a tool to strip out functions that are never used from the final executable?

Linker --gc-sections, though in my experience it doesn't cull much. Add --print-gc-sections to see what it does remove.