On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 11:10:47 UTC, Igor wrote:
On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 10:56:52 UTC, Igor Shirkalin wrote:
Hello!

I have a simple C header file that looks like:
#define Name1 101
#define Name2 122
#define NameN 157

It comes from resource compiler and I need all these constants to be available in my Dlang program in compile time. It seems to me it is possible. I know I can simply write external program (in python, for example) that does it, but it means I should constantly run it after every change before D compilation.

Please, can anyone help to direct me how to realize it?
Thank you in advance!

Igor Shirkalin

Maybe I am not quite understanding what you are asking but can't you just use:

enum Name1 = 101;
enum Name2 = 122;

No, I need the original header file to be used in other applications (say, resource compiler). Therefore this file is primary. I think some pretty short code can be written in D that use such a file to generate constants (enum Name1 = 101) in compile time.