On Saturday, 24 June 2017 at 14:03:16 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Saturday, 24 June 2017 at 12:41:47 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
There is no spec for this, but I know that when the compiler has to fill gaps with something it chooses 0.

I'm almost certain there at least used to be a spec for this, because I remember citing a link to someone who then complained that this zero requirement hurt optimization of void members. On the other hand though, the zero padding requirement does simplify equality to being memcmp.

The only hint I could find is this statement from Walter:

   http://forum.dlang.org/post/hn11oh$1usk$1...@digitalmars.com