On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 00:23:35 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 21:33:29 UTC, James Dean wrote:
I'm interested in trying it out, says it's just for ldc. Can we simply compile it using ldc then import it and use dmd, ldc, or gdc afterwards?

The ability to write kernels is limited to LDC, though there is no practical reason that, once compiled, you couldn't use resulting generated files with GDC or DMD (as long as the mangling matches, which it should). This is not a priority to get working, since the assumption is if you're trying to use the GPU to boost your computing power, then you like care enough to use LDC, as opposed to DMD (GDC is still a bit behind DMD so I don't consider it) to get good optimisations in the first place.

Yes, but dmd is still good for development since LDC sometimes has problems.

Can we compile kernels in LDC and import them in to a D project seamlessly? Basically keep an LDC project that deals with the kernels while using dmd for the bulk of the program. I mean, is it a simple import/export type of issue?