On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 22:19:57 UTC, Johnson Jones wrote:
Why would that be. Program take about 4 seconds to compile and 12 for x64. There is fundamentally no difference between the two versions. I do link in gtk x86 and gtk x64 depending on version, and that's it as far as I can tell.

Debug
x86         4
x64         12
Release
x86         3
x64         5

The timings are pretty steady.

Split up the build time in compile time and link time and see how the difference is distributed between the two. If it's distributed overwhelmingly to the link time it could be that you're using Microsoft's linker for x64 and OPTLINK for x86?