On Friday, 25 August 2017 at 05:25:09 UTC, Hasen Judy wrote:
What libraries are people using to run webservers other than vibe.d?

Don't get me wrong I like the async-io aspect of vibe.d but I don't like the weird template language and the fact that it caters to mongo crowd.

I think for D to a have good web story it needs to appeal to serious backend developers, not hipsters who go after fads (mongodb is a fad, jade/haml is a fad).

I probably need to combine several libraries, but the features I'm looking for are:

- Spawn an HTTP server listening on a port, and routing requests to functions/delegates, without hiding the details of the http request/response objects (headers, cookies, etc).

- Support for websockets

- Runs delegates in fibers/coroutines

- Basic database connectivity (No "orm" needed; just raw sql).

- When iterating the result set of a sql query, has the ability to automatically map each row against a struct, and throw if the structure does not match.

- More generally, map any arbitrary object (such as json) to a struct. Something like Zewo/Reflection package for swift[0].

[0]: https://github.com/Zewo/Reflection

I feel like Vibe.d satisfies my first 3 requirements, but for the rest I will probably have to look for something else.

There is collie [1]. Never used. Can't say a lot about it.

arsd [2] has a lot of interesting web stuff: event loop, FastCGI/SimpleCGI; web-, DOM-, mail-utilities.

And the last but not least I'm running currently a small web server serving static files based on tanya [3]. Once I'm ready to write a web-framework on top of it, it would be what you mention: no compile-time templates, no jade-style templates, since I dislike these too. But unfortunately it is not something can be used now.

[1] https://github.com/huntlabs/collie
[2] https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd
[3] https://github.com/caraus-ecms/tanya