On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 19:59:52 UTC, Joseph wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 10:08:11 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
[...]

The compiler shouldn't arbitrarily force one to make arbitrary decisions that waste time and money.

My solution was to turn those static this's in to functions and simply call them at at the start of main(). Same effect yet doesn't crash. The compiler should only run the static this's once per module load anyways, right? If it is such a problem then some way around it should be included: @force static this() { } ? The compiler shouldn't make assumptions about the code I write and always choose the worse case, it becomes an unfriendly relationship at that point.

Solution is to redesign so there is no cycle because it is brittle and generally due to poor architecture. Like goto cyclic dependencies are occasionally useful, rarely necessary and avoid by default.

bye,
lobo