On Sunday, 17 September 2017 at 21:18:08 UTC, David  Zhang wrote:
Hi,

I have a class `Image`, and I have a function called `getSubImage(Rect bounds)`. What I can't figure out is how to get the result of `getSubImage()` to take on the constness of the backing image.

ie.
//The Image class is really just a view over a buffer that's managed elsewhere
    const(Image).getSubImage(...) -> const(Image)

    Image.getSubImage(...) -> Image

I tried to do this with `inout`, but that requires that a parameter in the function be `inout`. I don't suppose I could somehow declare `this` to be inout?

Thanks

I am aware that you can duplicate the method, but it seems a bit unwieldy and excessive.