On Friday, 29 September 2017 at 02:34:08 UTC, DreadKyller wrote:
On Thursday, 28 September 2017 at 14:01:33 UTC, user1234 wrote:
[...]

I understand that, but because the operator isn't defined normally for classes unless overloaded, then your statement about this being an inconsistency on the concerns stated prior about wrecking implementation of standard features. If & can't be overloaded then the type of &object will always be a pointer, you can't override the dereference operator of the pointer itself as far as I can tell, overloading it on the class doesn't overload the pointer, thus any standard implementation that uses pointers to store an object would be completely unaffected by overloading the dereference operator. This I don't consider it an inconsistency.

[...]

+1 for forum issue.