On Saturday, 30 September 2017 at 10:09:43 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
On 30-09-17 03:27, Tony wrote:
One thing I picked up from SCons is creating dynamic object files with a .os extension and static object files with the standard .o extension. That way they can be compiled in the same directory in the same build step. But dmd rejects the files that are named *.os. Is there an extension besides .o that dmd would accept for the dynamic object files?

I've been using .pic.o so it still ends with .o for dmd.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was thinking that this might be a linker function only and tried to use g++ and gcc for the .so creation but, while they both create the same size file as each other, it is different than what dmd does when called with -shared.