On Thursday, 5 October 2017 at 05:22:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 10/04/2017 09:57 PM, John Gabriele wrote:
I'm using Emacs 25.2.2 with d-mode-20161022.717 on Debian Testing, and by default this mode indents by 2 spaces. Is there an easy way to configure it to use 4 spaces instead?

I can't imagine it has its own tab width. d-mode is based on cc-mode. Setting the tab width in that mode or in general should work for d-mode as well.

Just research tab width for Emacs. If nothing else works and you're happy with a global tab-width of 4, add this to your .emacs file:

(setq-default tab-width 4)

Ali

Thank you, but tried this and it didn't work. Aravinda's solution worked though.