On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 04:33:30 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 at 03:51:45 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
Hi.

I'm here in HK with Ilya, Atila, John Colvin, and Jonathan Davis. I wondered what the current state of D catching C++ exceptions was on Linux and Windows. I know that some work was done on making this possible, and my understanding is that it is, more or less - just wondered what the rough corners might be.

Thanks.

Laeeth.

IIRC I remember Walter saying that we should only bother to be able to catch C++ exceptions derived from std::exception, as opposed to say ints or strings. I believe the line was "those who throw ints should get what they deserve".

Apart from that I believe they should "just work", although I haven't tested.

OT I'm sorry I could make it to HK, I'm busy with uni all this week. I could possibly do telepresence though.

Nic

Thanks, Nic. Sorry about the dates - was arranged last minute. I'll drop you a line shortly in any case.

Laeeth.