On Thursday, 2 November 2017 at 14:22:56 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
Question 1. Is it mandatory to inherit from core.sys.windows.unknwn.IUnknown, or just having an interface named "IUnknown" validate it for being a COM interface?

If yes, then how am I supposed to use COM interfaces in other OSes? core.sys.windows.unknwn.IUnknown is defined under version(Windows).

I suppose you will need a bunch of definitions. One strange thing is that core.sys.windows defines GUID with alignment 1, which I expect to differ on other platforms.

   I wonder what the exact compiler hook is.

I only looks at the name.

Question 2. If this fails, may I emulate COM vtable layout with extern(C++) class? I wonder what the exact differences are anyway between extern(C++) and the special IUnknown.

Depends on implementation. XPCOM uses straight C++ ABI on linux, so look what you want to work with.

Question 3. It seems I can inherit both from A D object and a COM interface. What will be the choosen layout?

Shouldn't matter, interface defines ABI, how it's implemented is irrelevant - that's the very idea behind COM. It's actually legal to implement interfaces with composition, the caller still doesn't see anything.