On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 at 15:17:33 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 November 2017 at 15:07:54 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
&this will do.

Even if it were an lvalue, that would be the address of a local. You should basically NEVER do that with D classes.

Just `cast(void*) this` if you must pass it to such a function.

I am afraid what will happen when casting this reference to void *

glfwSetWindowUserPointer gives us a chance to provide a pointer to userdata. so that in callback function, we can retrieve the data and don't have to declare global variable.

class App {
public this() {

   m_window = glfwCreateWindow();
   glfwSetWindowUserPointer(m_window, cast(void *)(&this));

How do I use this function in Dlang?

sorry for my bad english.