Some suggest working with the lowest currency denomination to avoid decimal precision handling and only convert to the highest denominations (decimal) when displaying. I've also seen some use decimal value handling libraries.

I'm thinking lowest denominations will result in extremely large values that D's type system cannot store (if such large values makes sense or can happen with money in real life).

What will be your advise on the type to use by default, the currency denominations (100p instead of 1.0 dollars), and cost of computation.