I do call a program from my application which changes its stdout perdiodically (with ncurses library, I guess), where I'd to get somehow "notified" when some change happen (I need to new data from that changes and change my application accordingly). Currently, I do use spawnProcess() which runs the app in paralel but I have no idea how to capture periodically changes in its stdout. It doesn't need to be exact; like a notification for every single change. If it checks for changes and report if there's any, every say, x seconds is enough.