On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 13:52:37 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 13/02/2018 1:46 PM, psychoticRabbit wrote:
So, strange problem below.

The commented-out line will not compile (if I un-comment it), unless I either move std.stdio into main, or, move std.file out of main.

Whereas writeln works just fine as is.

---------------------
module test;

import std.stdio;

void main()
{
     import std.file;

     //write("hello");
     writeln("hello again");
}

write exists in both, writeln exists only in std.stdio.

Use named imports to pick which write you want.

oh..you must have posted as I why posting ;-)

That makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up.

And I should have read the compiler message more clearly..cause the answer was in that error message (more or less)