On Monday, 19 February 2018 at 14:57:47 UTC, Clinton wrote:
On Monday, 19 February 2018 at 14:55:01 UTC, Clinton wrote:
Hi all, I need advice from better developers on this concern.

I'm using an AA to reference another array for quicker access:

[...]

Sorry, on second look my explanation isn't very clear. I want to know if:

bool[string] myAA;

myAA[contact.id] = true; // Does this copy contact.id or is this a pointer to contact.id?

It's a pointer. In D, string is an alias to immutable(char)[] (Slice of immutable characters). A slice is a combination of pointer and length.