On Saturday, 24 February 2018 at 04:22:12 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Why is there anything dodgy going on and why would you need contracts? Contracts actually tend to go very badly with generic code, because whatever they assert has to be generic, and while that works sometimes, more often than not, it doesn't.

- Jonathan M Davis

what if 3.3 is passed to the template, and it explicately casts it to an int.

To me, that would be dodgy - unless there was a contract, that I had accepted and agreed to, so that this not dodgy.