On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 14:50:05 UTC, ixid wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 at 14:37:27 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Now, there aren't actually docs for Transposed, but you can find it if you look at std.range.transposed:

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html#transposed

-Steve

Thanks, I had found that but that is not an explanation unless you have a lot of prior technical understanding of what save is and why it's not working. I guess it's a general doc quality issue - unless you're already very knowledgeable it's pretty much useless to understand the problem you have.

I transposed a range of ranges to pass to a function to get the distance between characters in strings. That works fine, as does printing the result. But it then complains if I try to do anything like fold with the result.

What is the correct way to iterate a range of ranges as transposed does?