On Thursday, 15 March 2018 at 00:06:49 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a library that provides very very lightweight (minimum overhead) asynchronous i/o routines for - shopping list

1. sending and receiving IPv4 / IPv6 packets,
2. sending receiving ICMP and
3, handling incoming outgoing TCP connections and
4. handling SCTP connections.

Given the low-level nature of some of your requests, I’d suggest seriously look at DPDK. I don’t know if there is a ready-made D wrapper, but it should be stright-forward to bind to it. That covers all of your direct packet manipulation at extreme speeds.