On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 09:44:41 UTC, Dennis wrote:
I suppose initializing the runtime takes a lot of time.

I suspect you are seeing the Windows antivirus hitting you. D runtime starts up in a tiny fraction of a second, you shouldn't be noticing it.

Go into the Windows security center and uncheck the real time virus check protection. I betcha you'll see this delay (and a similar one on dmd itself, your compiles could be running at half-speed with this too) disappear and everything will seem a LOT faster.

I don't know why the antivirus picks on D so much, but on my box it does and it sounds like it is on yours too. BTW that real time check box likes to keep turning itself on... so the slowness will keep coming back.