I'm trying to build a very simple library. For now it just has a single class, constructor, destructor and one method. I added a unit test right after the method, declared the targetType to be "library" and a buildType of "unittest" (with options "unittests", "debugMode", "debugInfo"). When I run

  dub run -b unittest

it builds the library, but then says:

  Target is a library. Skipping execution.

If I compile with ldc2 -unittest the linker throws the error:

  (.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'

If I add an empty main function to the source file, ldc2/gcc manage to create an executable that can be invoked manually and it runs through the unit test.

Is this the best that can be done?