On Friday, 30 March 2018 at 20:46:43 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
On Friday, 30 March 2018 at 20:38:35 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
Use a custom allocator (that could be backed by the GC) using std.experimental.allocators :)

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_experimental_allocator.html

is massive.

I guess I should allocate my nodes using

    auto node = theAllocator.make!StrNode("alpha");

Could someone please give a working example of a GC-backed `theAllocator` suitable for my allocation pattern?

Be willing to change your code, the allocator can change at any point. What you implement today may not work tomorrow, what you fix to work for tomorrow may not end up working the next day (in terms of releases). That really should be something that is mentioned when you suggest using an experimential feature, there's no guarantees at all. It might not even get put into phobos. If your project is going to be used over the course of a year or more than maybe you shouldn't use it.