On Friday, 6 April 2018 at 01:14:37 UTC, ketmar wrote:
Kayomn wrote:

[...]

it is already done for you, free of charge.

        class Node {}
        class RootNode : Node {}
        class SpriteNode : Node {}

        void main () {
                auto nodeId1 = typeid(Node);
                auto nodeId2 = typeid(SpriteNode);
                auto comparison = typeid(Node);

                Node n = new SpriteNode();

                assert(typeid(Node) is typeid(Node)); // obviously
                assert(typeid(SpriteNode) !is typeid(Node)); // sure
                assert(typeid(Node) is nodeId1);
                assert(typeid(n) is nodeId2);
        }

Oh neat, thanks. I've been really scraping my head over this, and was worried I wouldn't be able to keep supporting my D version of the project.