On Wednesday, 25 April 2018 at 19:43:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 19:19:58 BoQsc via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
So there has been idea I've got for around few months now: making
a software which executable would contain a source file.
A software that anyone could modify by opening an executable and
quickly change a few lines of it, rerun an executable, see the
changes.

Could this be easily possible with D language, considering that sources files can be ran without long slow compilation process?

The normal way to do that is to just write a script. In the case of D, you can just use rdmd to do it. e.g. if you're on a POSIX system, just put

#!/usr/bin/env rdmd

at the top of your .d file and chmod it so that it's executable, and it'll run like any other script.

- Jonathan M Davis

Thank you Jonathan for a response.
I was aware of this, and it certainly perfectly works where command line/terminal interface is the main tool to control the system, a good example would be linux/gnu distributions and macOS. However in Windows while installing D language, I noticed that .d source file extension is not associated with neither D compiler (dmd.exe) nor D script interpretator (rdmd.exe) So they can't be ran directly by clicking on those, nor they have any icons that show that these source codes are actually executable. This is a huge problem, because people that are not aware of D language migh be harder to understand that source script could be executable, at least - without help from some more experienced user.