On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 23:02:39 UTC, Dr.No wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 22:51:01 UTC, IntegratedDimensions wrote:
[...]
those dlls:
libeay32.dll libssl32.dll ssleay32.dll

I'm sure they would be installed with whatever
[...]

I don't think so. IIRC, when I used D+curl I needed to download them manutally. This is always the case with Qt. Even using windeployqt with --webkit2 flag I still need to copy those dlls to application binary folder.

[...]

It isn't always the case if the dll is dynamic loaded, it might fail quietly, for example, if you deploy an Qt application with QWebKit missing those Open SSL dlls, an page with https protocol just doesn't open and didn't show any error at all. To find out whether some referenced dll by your executable is missing, people use Dependence Walker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I don't think this is the problem.

If I use get on https://www.google.com it works fine but if I use get on https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels it fails

so it is site dependent.