On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 22:01:25 UTC, Seb wrote:
On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 18:38:30 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
Hi,

I follow the instructions from the wiki to build dmd/druntime from source on windows.
https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_under_Windows

[...]

Which DMD/druntime do you try to build?
IIRC there are some issues with the release ball, you should try the GitHub sources.
Also are you using DigitalMars make?
What environment variables did you set?

I am pretty sure now the WIKI is wrong. The argument "release" in command:
make -fwin32.mak release
will by intentional delete the folder "generated"
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/blob/master/src/win32.mak#L347

But this folder is needed for building druntime as described in wiki chapter "Building D runtime".

I somehow solved the issue by calling make without the "release" argument.
Either the WIKI needs to be adapted or the make script.

Kind regards
André