On Monday, June 11, 2018 20:45:52 Dave Jones via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
So the only solution I could figure is to catch throwable in the
callback function, dump the message, and then PostQuitMessage(0).
It just seems retarded that Throwables can still happen in a
nothrow function.

Well, it stems from the fact that Exceptions and Throwables are essentially
different things but use essentially the same error-reporting mechanism. In
a way, it make sense (especially in the case where you're dealing with a
single thread that D controls), but I'm inclined to think that it was
ultimately a mistake.

I agree that the fact you can catch throwables is a mistake, but at the same time, there are Errors thrown for things that shouldn't be Errors (like RangeError). This forces you to deal with them in places where it shouldn't be necessary.

I predict at some point when Errors actually don't do proper cleanup, it is going to be a really difficult time for D.

-Steve