On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 at 13:24:43 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
It's supposed to make webservers safe and not crash because of segmentation faults, etc.

If you still want to write code like you are used to and don't care about that in your webserver, just mark everything in the implementation @trusted (but @safe in the interface) and it will be fine.

I understand the motivation of this and this motivation is undoubtly correct.

The problem is when you use the libraries, especially those interfacing with C code. The intention of @trusted is to use it to mark the code that *is* memory safe, but it cannot be verified automatically by the compiler (for example required checks are done before an array access).

That's why there is a problem with the libraries that are *not* safe - or at least I don't know the code and cannot verify that they are.