On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 12:56:31 UTC, Arredondo wrote:

As other have said, WPF and C# is the way to go for Windows GUI programming, but you don't necessarily need to drop D. You could write your interface code in VS and have it call your D library via pinvoke (Platform Invoke). To make this work you must mark your public D functions with extern(C). Read the documentation on extern(C) and PInvoke.

Honestly, I don't know why more people don't do this. It really seems to be like the best of both worlds, as C# + WPF is king for Windows GUI and D is king for library development. The only drawback I can think of is you have to expose your awesome D library via a dumped down C interface.

Well, took me a while to get around to actually try this out due to stuff, but this was the best solution at least for me. Thanks Arredondo!