On Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 21:37:00 UTC, QueenSvetlana wrote:

I had a misunderstanding about the keyword auto because I wrongfully believed that it made the code like Python

Exactly, you are thinking still like D is Python or also dynamically typed. :) You will get when compiling errors that Python wouldn't detect until run-time (or with your private methods).

- A declaration with auto needs to include an initialization.
- The code will be equivalent as if replacing "auto" with the inferred type. It is not left for later to check.

I'm not terribly bothered btw by "Type = new Type()" but often type names get too long or include namespaces... "mylib.numeric.squareObjectWithPointyCorners = new mylib.numeric.squareObjectWithPointyCorners()"