On Friday, 31 August 2018 at 12:52:17 UTC, bauss wrote:
In reality you're micro-optimizing something that doesn't require it.

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't trying to optimize, I was looking for a general way to iterate.

I can't see the benefit other than added complexity.

I just explained it. Iterating by ref works with elements that have postblits disabled, iterating by value doesn't.

I was wondering that if iterating by ref is the most general way to iterate, why it isn't the default? Is there some big implication in using it?