On 9/20/18 4:02 AM, berni wrote:
On Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 07:36:06 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
Looks like `Config.stderrPassThrough` [1] should do what you want:

    const result = execute(args[1..$], null, Config.stdErrPassThrough);

[1] https://dlang.org/phobos/std_process.html#.Config.stderrPassThrough

In theory that looks good. Unfortunatley it's a relativly young feature which my compilers don't know about yet (dmd 2.079 and ldc based on an even older version of dmd). So in practice I'll probably have to wait until the next release cycle of debian in spring 2019... (maybe for the time being I'll update dmd and use dmd for this small part instead of ldc, but I yet don't know how to tell CMake to use dmd for this one file... But I'll probably figure this out.)

Hm... 2.079.0 had it:

https://docarchives.dlang.io/v2.079.0/phobos/std_process.html#.Config.stderrPassThrough

I don't know what your "older version of dmd" was, but the earliest I can see it is 2.077.0.

Indeed, it was fixed in 2.077 (look for Bugzilla 17844 here: https://dlang.org/changelog/2.077.0.html)

-Steve