On Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 04:23:27 UTC, DanielG wrote:
On Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 03:39:41 UTC, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
write struct Foo {
    double bar = 0.0; // The bitpattern of 0.0 is 0
}

Thank you for your response.

Can you elaborate on 'write struct...'? Is that special syntax?

Nope thats me not proofreading my posts properly, sorry.

I also checked to see if you meant "(manually re-write it as...)", but updating the struct definition in the generated .d header with field values doesn't seem to solve the __initZ issue, either.

Hmm thats, odd unless there are other fields with initialisers that are forcing its emission.

And redefining it in the client .d module just shadows the
header definition, so ...

Try not using the .di files at all. I've never had any use for them personally. Wrapping a C library, all thats required is definitions of the functions and types declared by the headers. this can be done with a .d file.