On Tuesday, 30 October 2018 at 08:18:15 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
On Monday, 29 October 2018 at 21:50:32 UTC, aliak wrote:
Hi, so if you have this piece of code:

struct C {

  void f() {
    string[] others;
    const string[] restArgs;
    foreach (i, arg; args) {
      if (isValidArg(arg)) {
        restArgs = args[i + 1 .. $];
        break;
      }
      others ~= arg;
    }
// "others" is a list of args before the valid arg is encountered // "restArgs" is a list that is the args after the valid arg

Is there anyway to set a const object after declaring it in the above context?

Cheers,
- Ali

It looks like there is a Rebindable type for that in std.typecons : https://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#Rebindable

Guess I could do that. But would there be a difference if I just declared the restArgs as non const then? Given the objective is "set this var to point to this thing and not allow it to be set to point to anything else".