On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 12:54:52 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 12:13:57 UTC, Codifies wrote:
[...]

[...]

As rikki already explained, std.format is a variadic template, which gets expanded into argument list at compile time. That's why it can't be used with C-syle variadics: when you passed _arguments, the expansion treated that as a single argument instead of a tuple. Therefore, to forward arguments to std.format, your `printValue` must also be a variadic.

[...]

thanks for this makes it a lot clearer, I'm guessing there is a mailing list backing this web forum, as I replied missing some other responses.