On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 01:18:51 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
There's no obvious reason it can't be done that way in D

It is trivial, really. Just download the files to your import path and `dmd -i`. Only hard part is the modules need to be arranged such that dmd -i will find it... and the dub package layout isn't compatible with it... lol.

But my libs are :P

We could probably write a downloader that reads module declarations and arranges them in an installed libs folder. Very simplified "install library" thing whose initial setup could set the dmd conf stuff so it just works (or wraps dmd slightly to add -I and -i to build it)...