On Monday, 19 November 2018 at 21:52:47 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

A null pointer dereference is an immediate error, and it's also a safe error. It does not cause corruption, and it is free (the MMU is doing it for you).

Is this always true for all arches that D can compile to? I remember back in the DOS days with no memory protection you really could read OS data around the beginning.

Consistent segfaults are generally easy to figure out.

I think I would still prefer a stack trace like other kinds of D errors. Is this too difficult?
          • Re: Why ... Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re:... Neia Neutuladh via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... aliak via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Alex via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... aliak via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re:... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Why does nob... Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d-learn
  • Re: Why does nobody seem ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: Why does nobody ... Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: Why does nob... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: Why does... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: Why does... Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • Re: Why ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re:... Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Neia Neutuladh via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Johan Engelen via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • ... Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d-learn