On Monday, 26 November 2018 at 15:26:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

Well, if you want to run calculations in another thread, then send the result back to the original, you may be better off sending the state needed for the calculation to the worker thread, and receiving the result back via the messaging system.

How to do this, if parts of the state are statically saved in a type?

Note that if you want to do it without safety in place, you can use the Thread class in core.thread which has no requirements for data to be immutable or shared. But you have to be even more careful about how you access the data.

Ah... ok. But then, I will prefer to mark the appropriate parts as shared, I think...