On 12/11/18 10:27 AM, Ron Tarrant wrote:
I ran across a code example (https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/blob/master/demos/gtkD/TestWindow/TestWindow.d) in which the first ~120 lines are mostly import statements.

And it got me wondering...

I tried to off-load a bunch of imports into a pseudo-header file — importedStuff.d — and then in the actual code file I just did:

import importedStuff;

but found myself swimming in undefined identifier errors.

Is there a way to do this so I wouldn't have to scroll 120 lines into a file before finding code? Or does this mean I still haven't caught onto what I was told the last time I was on this forum?

(And here's a grammar question, just for the heck of it: Why isn't forum spelled with an 'n,' like column?)

Use public imports in your header file. This will pretend that the symbols imported reside in the module itself.

i.e. inside importedStuff.d:

public {
   // 120 import statements
}