On Sunday, 16 December 2018 at 18:37:15 UTC, Marko wrote:
On Amazon The D Programming Language has good reviews but it's 8 years old. So is this book still relevant today?

Yes, I would recommend it. It is meant to be comprehensive but introductory, so many language or library changes since are out of the scope anyway. It's then also quite different from a cookbook approach for example -- depends what you're looking for. You may perhaps compare it more closely with Ali's book, but unfortunately I haven't read this one.