On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 09:59:27PM +0000, kdevel via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> For years I missed the man pages of the C++ standard library and now
> found out that some Linux distros provide them as extra package. The
> man pages are not generated by a default during a GCC bootstrap
> install but need an explicit make doc-install-man in the corresponding
> doc directory of libstdc++.
>
> Is there any such mechanism to generate man pages for D/Phobos?
>
> Stefan

The current ddoc-based scheme may not be flexible enough to generate man
pages (though I could be wrong).  But something like Adam Ruppe's adrdox
could possibly be the basis for translating individual module symbols
into manpages perhaps?

Though I have to warn, working with troff/groff syntax is probably not
going to be pretty, esp. given the laxness / HTML-specificity of your
typical Phobos doc comment.  But perhaps it could be made to work...
Question is, who's gonna do the grunt work?

Computers shouldn't beep through the keyhole.