On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 17:28:14 UTC, Alex wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 16:52:50 UTC, bauss wrote:
The problem with sorting is that the following:

[3,5,6,6,2,1,2,5,3]

will then become

[1,2,3,5,6]

or

[6,5,3,2,1]

and not:

[3,5,6,2,1]

which would be what you'd wanna use in some situations.

The important thing to know here is that the numbers are not a sequence, they're a set of numbers.

It's important the set doesn't have a change of order.

The filter example works and that's what I already did.

But something that is a bit better would be appreciated.

Sorting really makes no sense to make something unique.

It makes sense for the most "trivial" implementation, but not the most trivial usages.

Ah... I see. You want something like a special fold by filtering... hmm ;)

Yep.

I just want to make sure there are no duplicates in the array while maintaining the order of the items.