On Tuesday, 22 January 2019 at 19:14:43 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:05:32 PM MST Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d- learn wrote:
On Tuesday, 22 January 2019 at 16:47:45 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 January 2019 at 16:18:17 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
>
> wrote:
>> Use "mystring"w, notice the w after the closing quote.
>
> Or toStringz is not work like c_str() in C++?

stringz creates a char*
but you need a wchar*

std.utf.toUTF16z or toUTFz can do that for you, though if your string is already a wstring, then you can also just concatenate '\0' to it. the big advantage toUTF16z is that it will also convert strings of other character types rather than just wstrings. So, you can write your program using proper UTF-8 strings and then only convert to UTF-16 for the Windows stuff when you have to.

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_utf.html#toUTF16z https://dlang.org/phobos/std_utf.html#toUTFz

- Jonathan M Davis

Is there a reason we cannot implement toStringz like:

immutable(TChar)* toStringz(TChar = char)(scope const(TChar)[] s) @trusted pure nothrow; // Couldn't find a way to get the char type of a string, so couldn't make the following generic: immutable(char)* toStringz(return scope string s) @trusted pure nothrow; immutable(wchar)* toStringz(return scope wstring s) @trusted pure nothrow; immutable(dchar)* toStringz(return scope dstring s) @trusted pure nothrow;