I have a program that was crashing due to a "Conversion positive overflow", specifically calling .to!int on a too-large unsigned value.

However it was simply crashing with an exit code (-1073740771 / ‭0xC000041D‬), and I was having a heck of a time trying to debug on Windows. (Shoutout to the revamped WinDbg Preview, couldn't get anything else to work!)

I wondered if there was something in my code that was causing the silent crash, so I isolated the calculation (with a little bit of context to mimic the in-situ code), but in a standalone .d file, I simply get the overflow exception with a normal stack trace.

Is this something I should try to whittle down with DustMite to get to the bottom of, for a bug report? Or is there something I'm failing to understand about this kind of crash?

This is on Windows 10 64-bit, DMD v2.084.0, both x86_mscoff and x86_64.