On Tuesday, 15 January 2019 at 21:51:57 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 20:10:40 UTC, Enjoys Math wrote:
On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 16:09:22 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 15:16:25 UTC, Laurent Tréguier wrote:
QtCreator 4.8.0 introduced support for the LSP last month : https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/12/06/qt-creator-4-8-0-released

I think I'm going to add it to the list of editors to look into and perhaps try to make a plugin for it.

Correction: a language server can simply be set up in the LSP plugin's options after the plugin has been enabled, so some amount of D support is achievable already.

I see your links. Would you like to work on this together? Social coding is more powerful than solo coding IMO.

Is it necessary to make a plugin though ? Syntax highlighting can be downloaded directly through QtCreator's syntax options, and then the new bundled LSP plugin can be configured directly to use any language server.

As an avid C++ programmer I preferably work in QtCreator, though my heart really tends toward D, for which I usually just use plain old vim.

https://blog.qt.io/blog/2019/02/21/qt-creator-4-9-beta-released/

With the new version, they seem to improve on the LSP which they introduced in the current version of 4.8. Has anyone tried it yet? I would switch in a beat if it has full D support.