On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 09:50:34PM +0100, Rainer Schuetze via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On 04/03/2019 12:12, KnightMare wrote:
[...]
> > 3) closures: do the closures have any internal types that helps to
> > GC or are they (full closure memory block) scanned as in the
> > conservative mode?
>
> No type information is generated for closures by the compiler, so
> these are always scanned conservatively.
[...]

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be for the compiler to emit
type information for closures?  Given the prevalence of the range-based
idiom in D, I'd think this is a worthwhile area for GC improvements.

One Word to write them all, One Access to find them, One Excel to count them
all, And thus to Windows bind them. -- Mike Champion