This is frustrating and makes me feel like a complete newb. Worse, it's impossible to search for. Ever try Googling a single character?

The D documentation also doesn't seem to explain the meaning of this or any other token. Sure, most of them are obvious, but this one eludes me. All I can find is this: https://dlang.org/spec/lex.html#tokens

Would someone please tell me what an at sign (@) means when it's used like this:

bool isLeaf() @property
{
   return children.length == 0;
}

In fact, I have no idea what @ means anywhere other than in an email address. Is this a common thing in contemporary languages?

And while I'm asking, does an underscore have special meaning when used either at the beginning or end of a variable name?

How about a double underscore?

I know underscores are sort of left over from C, but do these characters have special meaning in D or are they simply a convention... like T in a template definition?